Florida 511 Mobile App
Get up-to-the-minute, real-time traffic conditions and incident information for the State of Florida with FL511, now featuring Drive Mode and Voice Interaction. Check local traffic conditions or get information statewide.
FL511 is the abbreviated name for the Florida 511 (FL511) Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS), which is the state’s official source for real-time traffic and travel information. It is a service of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The system provides directions to a destination with travel times and alternate routes on all interstates and most US and state routes in Florida. Users can also get information on crashes, congestion, construction, closures and detour routes on Florida’s interstates, toll roads, and other major roadways. The system includes a website, mobile app, text alerts, social media pages, and more.
FL511 also has Drive Mode, a feature that allows the user to type in a destination, get up to three routes and drive times, and choose which route to take. Once selected, the user can see turn-by-turn directions.
Travel Smart with the updated Florida 511 Mobile App – Connect. Know. Go.
- Enhanced user interface
- Voice interaction feature functionality. Users can speak a request for a city, county, or roadway to view relevant events.
- Ability to limit events displayed to a configurable radius around the user.
- Lists of all events displayed by the Mobile App along with their associated camera snapshots.
- Ability to create and save destinations as well as import destinations from FL511.com.
- Truck parking locations and availability (Truck parking facilities list now sorted based on proximity).
- Ability to display road closures and detour routes on the map.
- Settings have been added. The user can select map, radius, destinations and other settings to customize the Mobile App for their unique needs.
- Added cameras to the map (can be enabled in settings).
- Added messages signs to the map (can be enabled in settings).
- Added a second nearby camera image to incidents, where available.
- Added a new distinct icon for congestion incidents.
- Added ability for user to toggle between using low and high accuracy location data (higher accuracy or reduced power consumption).
- Incidents list now sorted based on proximity.
For more information on how to use the new app, please click here